There are few major holidays to celebrate between now and the 4th of July. Here are a few “holidays” in April you can celebrate with family, friends, or co-workers:
National Pet Day– Wednesday, April 11: Dogs, cats, birds, pot-bellied pigs, snakes, horses… the list goes on! What’s your pet of choice? From the national site– here are just a few ways you can celebrate your pet on National Pet Day:
* Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
* Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
* Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
* Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
* Buy your pet a fun new toy….or two…or five.
* Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day- Monday, April 16: National Wear Your PJs to Work Day is always celebrated the day after taxes are due. Now’s the time to convince the boss that wearing pajamas on 4/16 will keep you productive and motivated, yet comfy!
National Jelly Bean Day– Sunday, April 22: Aside from sharing jelly beans with loved ones, here’s an activity to participate in with work colleagues:
* Fill a jar with jelly beans, offering co-workers the chance to win a raffle prize.
* Each participant donates a specified dollar amount for the opportunity to guess the number of jelly beans.
* At the end of the day, whoever guesses closest wins the raffle prize, and the money is donated to a charity of choice.
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day– Saturday, April 28: According to the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.4 million Americans abused controlled prescription drugs. Prescription drugs can easily find their way into the wrong hands, either accidentally or stolen. Take a minute to find the drop-off location near you and dispose properly of your old prescription drugs and those of your elderly loved ones who may be more apt to abuse old prescription drugs.
National Garden Month– April is the designated month devoted to gardening. With colder temps behind us, now is the time to start planting. Set aside a weekend this month with a loved one and make memories while gardening. This Garden Planting Calendar tells you what vegetables to plant when based upon your zip code.